Admission Office Funnel Statistics (for the previous five to ten years)
- Comparative statistics on: inquiries, interviews, applications, acceptances, denials, wait list, enrollments, and related data.
- Comparative ratios for: Interviews/inquiries, applications/inquiries, applications/interviews, acceptances/applications, denies/applications, and deposits/acceptances.
- Comparative statistical information by stage of the admission funnel, including enrolled students: source, ZIP code, city/state/country, gender, and race/ethnicity.
- Comparative statistical information by stage of the admission funnel, including enrolled students: division/grade, boarding/day, and financial aid versus no aid.
Financial Aid Data (for the previous five to ten years)
- Annual financial aid budget data reflecting: financial aid budget data as a percent of entire institutional budget, percent of students receiving aid, average award, and need-based versus merit aid.
- Comparative financial aid data on new versus returning students by: division/grade and boarding/day.
Attrition Data (from the previous five to ten years) by
- Annual attrition data reflecting: division/grade, gender, boarding/day status, geography, financial aid versus no aid, and general academic profile.
- A compilation of reasons for leaving and next schools attending.
Admission Budgets (from the current year and past three years)
- Total admission office budget broken down by budget lines.
- Assessment of whether the existing admission budget meets the needs of managing the admission office.
- Comparison of your office budget to budgets at competitor and benchmark schools.
Current Admission Staffing and Operations
- Number and distribution of staff dedicated to admission, marketing, and communications.
- Comparison of your staffing to staffing at competitor and overlap schools as well as benchmark schools.
- Regularly scheduled admission office staff meetings. (How often: Weekly, monthly, or irregularly?)
- Regularly scheduled planning retreats. (How often?)
- Regularly scheduled professional development opportunities each staff member. (What and when?)
- List of competitor schools.
- Comparison of your school’s enrollment to primary overlap schools’ enrollments.
- Data on overlap schools, including their profiles, costs, and programs.
- Win/loss ratios for your primary competitors.
- Admission software package integration with the modules other key school offices use.
- Whether admission software modules can “talk” with other offices.
- Evaluation of Admission software reporting function by which data are summarized in templates that inform the admission/enrollment process.
- Whether admission staff are proficient with the software.