"The Director of Admission/Enrollment Management must be positioned to be a scholar and guide with the Head, while being a strategic thinker, an analyst, and a tactician, informing other senior administrators, faculty and trustees on the internal and external trends impacting the school’s future." - CHB
Director of Admission/Enrollment Management Searches
The Baker Group directs searches for the senior enrollment officer and provides both search support and training to each school’s chosen hiring committee. Our approach to guiding schools through the search process for a senior admission professional includes:
- Outline the search process for the senior enrollment officer.
- Provide preliminary and ongoing support and counsel to the Head of School and/or director of search committee.
- Assist in updating job description and create timeline and structure for candidate interview and visit process.
- Assist search committee and admission staff to identify “ideal candidate” qualities.
- Assist in creating and placing advertising in suitable publications.
- Develop strategy for promoting the position among alumni.
- Assist in outreach to candidates from both independent and college admission.
- Assist in review of resumes and candidate screening resulting in recommendation of top six candidates for initial interviews, followed by recommendation of top two finalists after interviews have taken place.
Perhaps more important than any other person on campus other than the Head of School, the Director of Admission/Enrollment Management needs to be a scholar and guide, a strategic thinker and analyst, a resource for other senior administrators, faculty and trustees on the internal and external trends impacting the school’s future. The admission director and the admission operation must play critical roles in an independent school’s strategic thinking and planning.
Because independent schools are so heavily dependent on enrollment to generate the major portion of their annual operating incomes, admission/enrollment management directors must be experienced professionals who are well informed about the shifts in thinking relevant to admission, marketing, the education landscape, the increased affordability challenges for families, and the impact all these elements have on independent school admission and future enrollment.
We assist schools to think more creatively, more energetically and more intentionally when they choose the senior enrollment officer of their school.
Active Director Searches
Latin School of Chicago (IL)
Culver Academy (IN)
Hawken School (OH)
Western Reserve Academy (OH)
Completed Director Searches
Linden Hall (PA)
The Academy of Notre Dame De Namur (PA)
The College Preparatory School - Oakland, CA
New Hampton School - New Hampton, NH
Cape Cod Academy - Osterville, MA
Marin Academy – San Rafael, CA
Westtown School – West Chester, PA
Wilbraham and Monson Academy – Wilbraham, MA
Agnes Irwin School – Rosemont, PA
Tatnall School - Wilmington, DE
Hackley School- Tarrytown, NY – Director of Lower and Middle School Admissions
The Gunnery - Washington, CT
Lawrence Academy - Lawrence, MA